United Way of Sarnia-Lambton Mission Statement
To generate resources enabling the community to respond to Human Care priorities in Sarnia-Lambton and to measure and improve the effectiveness of these invested resources.
To accomplish this mission statement, the United Way of Sarnia-Lambton has focused its resources in two core businesses: Resource Development and Community Investment.
Resource Development includes Campaign, Planned Giving, (the vision 2025 program), Volunteerism, and other resources.
Community Investment includes the investment of all resources: Campaign revenues, volunteers' time, and other assets including knowledge and support.
Core Business Goals
- To raise the maximum amount of money, and other resources, as cost efficiently as we can, and to invest as much money into community programs and services as possible.
- To ensure United Way is funding the most crucial needs in Sarnia-Lambton and that the United Way stays current on what these priorities are.
- To invest as much money as possible each year into community programs and services.
- To fund community programs and services reflecting both the customer and community needs to achieve the optimal return on donor’s investments.
- To fund programs provided by our Funded Agencies as well as other community programs that meet new and emerging needs in Sarnia-Lambton.
- To eliminate duplication of funding and gaps in funding, and to promote the identification of greater efficiencies within the agencies of funded programs and services.
Additional information about our two core businesses can be found under the 2004-2007 Long Range Plan Our Future is Now PDF File
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this document.