How You Can Help
There are two fundamental ways you can help our community through the United Way. The United Way needs donors and volunteers.
Donating to the United Way of Sarnia-Lambton
A Donor can make a donation to the United Way using the following methods:
- The best and certainly the easiest way to contribute is though your workplace campaign by filling out a pledge card and identifying method of payment.
- In most cases by Payroll Deduction
- cash, cheque, post dated cheque,
- MasterCard or VISA, or Direct Debit (attach void cheque)
- On-line Donation (must have access to internet) Click on Online Donation on the left hand side of this screen. This site is secure.
Directly to United Way
- If you prefer to make a donation to the United Way directly, we can accommodate donations of cash, cheque, post dated cheque, MasterCard or VISA, and even Direct Debit.
- Please complete the brief form below and e-mail it to us and we will make arrangements to accommodate your donation as easily as possible for you. Do not give us any important financial data as this is not a secured site. Donor Form - Coming Soon
- On-line Donation Click on Online Donation on the left hand side of this screen. This site is secure.
Volunteer Opportunities at the United Way of Sarnia-Lambton
United Way of Sarnia-Lambton Board of Directors:
The Board of Directors is comprised of 15 members from the community representing all regions of Lambton County. Board responsibilities include orientation and training for new Board members, attending Board meetings (usually six per year), the Annual General Meeting, campaign special events, and policy sessions. Liaison Director Responsibilities include providing a link between the Agencies and the United Way, attending the review of their assigned Agency by the Community Investment Panel as well as attending at least one Campaign Cabinet meeting each year.
United Way of Sarnia-Lambton Committees of the Board
Its function is to plan, execute and administer the annual fundraising process, within the budget allocated by the Board of Directors.
Community Investment Committee:
The function is to plan and administer the community investment/fund distribution process in accordance with the policies and guidelines of the Board. This includes the new strategic direction of Community Impact Funding.
Consists of the President of the Board, the First and Second Vice President and one member at large who is appointed by the Chair to make recommendations for the proposed Board of Directors for the upcoming year.
Community Investment Panel Volunteers:
Community-minded citizens, who are interested in learning about social services, donate approximately 25 hours of their time during the review years only, (once every three years). This committee is responsible for reviewing programs, program outcomes and financial requests of Community Service Programs.
Employee Campaign Coordinators, canvassers, and volunteers are all needed to run United Way workplace campaigns. A United Way Loaned Representative will support the success of the campaign in assigned workplaces. They provide customer service to Employee Campaigns including attending meetings, building campaign strategy, employee presentations and conducting canvasser training to ensure all volunteers are familiar with assigned tasks.
Please e-mail or contact us if your workplace would like to run a United Way Campaign.
If you are interested in volunteering with the United Way of Sarnia-Lambton, please contact:
Pamela Bodkin, Community Investment and Finance Director at
(519) 336-5452, Extension 5
Rebecca Brander, Resource Development Manager
(519) 336-5452 Extension 8,
Funded Organizations Affiliated with the United Way
The United Way of Sarnia-Lambton current funds 22 organizations, as well as other programs through the Venture Grant Program. These groups service all of Lambton County through programs and services. Some agencies focus on the youth and some target our seniors; and some provide family support.